Sunday, January 7, 2018

Stop Chasing Ghost


Stop Chasing Ghost 

Sometimes the toughest part of chasing success is often times we end up seeking out people, places or things which are nouns but may not need to be in our NOW!  Yes the pursuit of falsehoods has taken many of dreams to the graveyard where ultimately they perished because of the wrong things being cherished. At this time I am going to tell you that my first trip to the mountain top was not followed with a cherry on top but with a walk THROUGH the valley of the shadows of death. You see when you are talking about shadows of death I can’t help but think the term GHOST fits it best. The bad thing isn’t going in the valley but the worst part is staying in the valley. I mean many have gotten to the point where Chasing Ghost is a habit and routine part of the day.  Here are a few of the Ghost that I am speaking of:  family who no longer have your best interest at heart, friends who have long turned foes who will lead you astray if you are not smart, idols who you have began worshipping/placing above all else in your life, the so called best to ever perform your line of work, the gatekeepers of the industry who keep telling you to pay your dues, the person who started at the same time as you who supposedly found a shortcut to the top and I would continue to name the Ghost but just thinking about them makes my blood begin to boil. You see I placed an emphasis on the need to walk THROUGH the valley because I need to get you to a point that you will STOP CHASING GHOST!  In the valley is where people tend to CHASE GHOST the most and the truth of the matter is all you are doing is making a permanent toast to being uncomfortable in your own skin/very unsatisfied with the life that you have been BLESSED to live.  For those that want to know the secret to how I STOPPED CHASING GHOST it was when I stopped living a lie that was compared to things that had already died!  It comes a point in time where certain things in your life simply must be considered dead to you and you must stop attempting to make it fit.  To close the chapter titled STOP CHASING GHOST I’ll share a story with you that is similar to the message we have covered today:

The story is about a mentor teaching his mentee about how to see a vision so clear that he actually begins to Win The Day.  The mentee would constantly ask why couldn’t he take a shortcut and doing things the easy way to which the mentor constantly replied don’t be afraid to take the longway.  The mentee would then say why can’t I just be accepted in the in crowd and not have to put in so much work today to which the mentor constantly replied don’t be afraid to take the longway. This made the mentee finally give in and asked what’s this longway that you keep telling me about?  This question made the mentor smile from ear to ear as it was the awakening that meant the mentees vision finally had began to appear!  The mentor took a moment to clear his throat and said many a fool spend their whole life attempting to get a seat at the table but to a wise man that is a bad investment for it is better to be RESPECTED than to be ACCEPTED!  It all clicked for the mentee at that moment and helped him to now see the vision that he would one day spread to the masses entitled Longway. You see the mentee stated that I now realize that I have to STOP CHASING GHOST that others have/will attempt to place before me and spend more time Maximizing My Mindset to finally be free! 


This chapter has now come to an end but I can’t wrap it up without giving you a push to create a lane that you can be comfortable riding in. You see as a successful person it takes true guts to push the chips into the middle of the table signifying you are going all-in and I love the fact that in the story the mentor is always pushing the mentee to look for the chips from within!  

No comments:

Post a Comment