Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Song for YOU

A song for you - Donny Hathaway

http://soundcloud.com/sidney-1/a-song-for-you-donny-hathaway

When I take a step back and look at my life I can truly say that I have been blessed!  I would be foolish to think that GOD has not blessed me to be in the position that I am in and grant me the ability to positively affect the lives of so many people. Am I perfect? No! Do I work every waking hour to be the best I can be? Yes!  

You see that's the difference between being a participator and being a GAMECHANGER!  A participator is just happy to be in the game and a GAMECHANGER is determined to change the game!

Initially I went into the field of education to simply coach and teach physical education. I wanted to be around the sports that I loved as a child and do the things that I saw my father, uncles and role models do my entire life. Taking on the family business was inevitable and I was actually decent at coaching. 

However, GOD had different plans for my life and the path to the top of the education food chain was laid out before me. I was taken from the gym to the office in no time and taken from being responsible for 30-50 student-athletes to about 920 students-staff members. GOD had a bigger plan for my life than I ever could've imagined. 

Therefore, I had to look in the mirror and attempt to see the person that GOD had created me to ultimately be. That person is one who cares about each person he comes in contact with MAXIMIZING their potential and not settling for anything less than the best!  I am constantly reminded that I have a true purpose in life and that purpose is tied to serving others. 

Servant leadership is something I practice daily by taking one of the farthest parking spots from the front door and by constantly giving when others ask for more.  You see I believe that the TEAM is bigger than me and that WE can always do more than I. 

When I hit the turbulence of life I often look at that man in the mirror and say buckle up your safety belt because we are about to soar at a high altitude. In life if you are not facing turbulence then you are not flying at a high altitude. So it may be uncomfortable or seem strange but I actually seek out turbulence because I want to fly with the eagles! 

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

I am not DOING it for the VINE
I am DOING it to save MANKIND

No comments:

Post a Comment